Morris’ Fireside Restaurant
Hemlock & 2nd
Click To View Sponsors Website
A log restaurant was first erected in 1921 on the corner of 2nd and Hemlock by Paul Bartel. It served the loggers in the area, some of whom slept in small cabins behind the restaurant. Tales of encounters with bears have been recalled by former employees.
In 1976 Tom and Suzy Morris purchased the cabin and added the first restrooms. The increase in business that the restaurant enjoyed took its toll on the original log building and a new, larger log building was erected in 1985.